Quality Control Manager
Job #: 2021-016
Location: Midland, TX
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
This position establishes Company processes, procedures and effectively manages a quality control program to ensure the receipt and delivery of petroleum products meet shippers' and company specification requirements. Devises and modifies product-testing programs to measure and protect the quality of products under the company's custody. Identifies testing equipment and trains personnel to consistently perform the required tests. Keeps close and continuing contact with shipper's and connecting carriers' technical representatives to remain cognizant of their specification requirements. Maintains contact with federal and state regulatory agencies to ensure company specifications and tariff requirements do not violate regulations. Plans and implements necessary mainline and crude oil terminal operating procedures to effectively handle new grades of products.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop/oversee/maintain Crude Quality to Company Specifications
- Responsible for the development of overall system modeling on all volumes going to third-party delivery locations.
- Evaluate business opportunities with increased volumes and communicate overall impact to common stream.
- Plans and implement necessary mainline and crude oil terminal operating procedures to effectively handle new grades of products.
- Evaluate and implement fit for purpose (new) technologies to field projects/upgrades
- Identify and communicate potential quality issues with mainline and crude oil terminal operations.
- Provide expert technical analysis in the form of discipline peer reviews, periodic regional training, and support for key project and design activities to both in-house engineering and third-party consultants.
- Lead the development and maintenance of design standards, best practices, specifications, procedures, drawings, and documents.
- Provide technical analysis and support to resolve commissioning and operational issues with crude quality.
- Perform and assist with crude quality and metering assessments.
- Perform review(s) of current crude quality systems, including current crude quality database.
- Ensure all maintenance and operational modification activities within crude quality discipline are carried out safely, in accordance with Company policy and processes, to the highest standards of quality.
- Work with measurement personnel as appropriate in relation to technical modifications, related performance standards, assurance and verification activities, procedure changes, and deviations.
- Knowledgeable in the marketing, sale, design, and execution of product lines with the ability to educate customers and employees on the advantages of different forms of crude quality equipment.
- Serve as an active member of API, ASTM, COQA, Cushing Measurement Forum, and Permian Basin Crude Quality Coalition.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct commercial crude oil business experience (gain/loss, inventory, crude quality, and measurement.)
- Experience with crude oil analyzing equipment.
- Strong background in crude oil analysis, quality control, blending, and sampling procedures and processes
- Good understanding of federal and state codes and regulations for the pipeline industry.
- Attention to detail with strong analytical, business, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Respects and effectively interacts with team members and customers