Job #: 2020-030
Location: Midland, TX
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Centurion Pipeline is actively seeking an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Project Manager, based in Midland, Texas.
This position responsibly meets the objectives of assigned projects by acquiring resources, facilitating communication and coordinating the efforts of all project team members and stakeholders. This project manager position directly reports to the Sr. Manager of project engineering to execute projects in a safe, profitable and efficient manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Project types include new maintenance capital, integrity and business development ranging from $50K to over $2 million.
- Leverage both direct employees and external contract resources to establish project teams with identified cross functional representation (i.e., Engineering, Construction, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Regulatory, Compliance, Records (DRI), Right-of-Way, Environmental, Business Development, Legal).
- Create scopes of work and execute projects for crude oil transmission pipeline, pump stations and tank facility type projects.
- Ability to manage and execute engineering deliverables as well as project management process within a very flat engineering organization.
- Balance efficiency and engineering process in a midstream environment.
- In-depth familiarity with fundamental project management processes and procedures.
- Effectively create, communicate, and apply fundamental project management processes and procedures.
- Provide leadership, motivation, and project direction as needed to achieve project schedules, cost objectives and quality control over material installations.
- Maintain focus on cost and schedule adherence, resource management and control, management of change, reporting requirements of both current status and future projections.
- Accountable and responsible for cost and schedule controls.
- Adhere to Company established Project Management processes and procedures with the continuous improvement mindset in the areas of cost tracking, design standards, installation techniques, contracting strategies and material logistics.
- Previous experience with project processes such as HAZOP Analysis, Management of Change (MOC), Risk Mitigation, and Gated Project Delivery.
- Organize and lead Project Review Status meetings on a reoccurring basis to maintain customer and management lines of communication.
- Estimate costs for the defined scopes of work, develop material specifications on station and piping facilities, building structures, equipment foundations, valve and valve operators and strainer equipment for both new and existing pipeline facilities.
- Proven experience in people management and strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Chemical).
- 8+ years of pipeline transmission industry-related experience as Project Manager.
- 3+ years of direct experience with crude oil transmission or facility projects (design or project management).
- Detailed knowledge of applicable regulatory codes and standards associated with the pipeline transmission industry (CFR49 Parts 192 & 195, TRRC, EPA, FERC, ASME, API 1104 & 1107).
- Understand and working knowledge of local, state and federal permitting requirements.
- Experience with HAZOP Analysis, Management of Change (MOC) and fundamental project management processes and procedures.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office software.
- Minimum of three years of engineering design experience.
- Work independently with minimal direction.
- Able to work effectively across organizational lines; emphasis on Operations.
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and reach closure within established timeframes.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; action-oriented and solution-driven.
- Outstanding team player.
- Strong emotional intelligence and understanding of customer identification.
- Adaptable to a rapidly changing work environment and project dynamics.
- Track record of initiating and developing new ideas that promote efficiency and better work processes.
- Able to gain consensus among stakeholders with competing goals and objectives.
- Strong communication skills with ability to develop presentations, summary and detailed reports of project status.
Valued Additional Qualifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or Licensed Engineering Professional.
- Previous experience in the leadership of engineering personnel.
- Previous management or experience in Project Controls.
- Previous experience in Construction Management.
- Previous experience with managing truck station projects.
- Previous experience in managing integrity/rehab projects.
- Previous experience with design and execution of in-service hydrotest (i.e. MOP uprates, MOP validations, pipeline assessment).
Physical and Environment Work Requirements
Must be able to:
- Carry and lift items that weigh up to 15 lbs.
- Move freely about in an office or operations surrounding.
- Stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop, and squat for various periods of time in an operations setting outdoors.