Job #: 2020-036
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Non-exempt
Essential Job Duties:
- Direct and control the remote operation of all owned/operated pipeline systems and facilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Analyze and monitor data remotely transmitted by the SCADA System (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), to ensure pipeline and facility integrity.
- Operate various pipeline systems and storage facilities within system design and safety limits.
- Ensure product integrity, hydraulic line balance and maintaining safe inventory target levels on all storage tanks.
- Coordinate pipeline adjustments with support staff involved with field operations and maintenance activities.
- Ensure accurate and timely execution of published movement schedules.
- Initiate and coordinate response to emergency and abnormal conditions in an expeditious manner to minimize environmental impact, property damage and/or injury to the public and employees and to limit the financial liability to the company.
- Maintain accurate accounting records including managing data and verifying on-line batch tracking, volume accounting and electronic ticketing.
- Must be able to work a Rotating Shift Schedule as outlined below:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- (3) years of Pipeline Operations Controller experience.
- Experience with 12 hour rotating shift a plus.
- Knowledge of gauging, metering, tank farm, and pump station operations.
- Thorough understanding of pipeline hydraulics.
- Strong communication skills to interface with personnel involved in the scheduling, gauging, operations and maintenance process.
- Must possess the skill sets required to recognize, analyze and correct emergency and abnormal conditions and show proficiency under the testing and annual D.O.T. recertification process.
- Thorough knowledge of D.O.T., Emergency and Operating Manuals.
- Understanding of the SCADA operations system and numerous computer software packages. (e.g. Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Familiarity with different grades/qualities of crude oil.
- Ability to read and understand maps and provide accurate and prompt verbal directions and descriptions.
- Familiarity with pipeline “One-Call” systems.