Job #: 2021-048
Location: Carlsbad, NM
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Essential Job Duties:
- Acts as Technical Steward for region facilities. Insures the adherence of necessary industry best practices. Insures that technical "know-how" is communicated throughout the organization.
- Acts as a trouble-shooting resource for the operations supervision. Offers technical ability and methodologies for problem solving.
- Review design limits of equipment and insure that we are operating within the correct manufacturer design conditions
- Thorough "hands-on" knowledge in a wide range of mechanical equipment
- Coordinate the repair, inspection, and testing of mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot and Repair mechanical equipment
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis activities
- Executing Preventative and Predictive maintenance plans
- Perform vibration analysis
- Review and analyze the data from vibration monitoring and oil sample testing. Use this data to predict failures, increased risk of failure and to develop plans for extending the run life of mechanical equipment
- Oversee major mechanical overhauls, rebuilds, and major project installations
- Assist the Facilities and Commissioning groups with equipment reviews and troubleshooting activities as needed
- Interface with vendors with scheduling onsite technical assistance and off site equipment repair
- Participate in on and off site equipment inspections and acceptance tests
- The ability to maintain records, draft technical reports and record data
- Knowledge of pump controls, control valves, driven equipment, and motor controls
- Participate in required Health, Safety, Environmental, and Security initiatives and programs such as Management of Change procedures, Process Hazard Reviews and Planned Inspection
- Other duties and projects assigned as necessary.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- 3+ years of directly related experience
- Be able to read P&IDs and Mechanical drawings
- Experience utilizing and interpreting industry codes and federal/state/local regulations for maintenance, protection, and pipeline facility repair activities
- Field experience with equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair techniques
- Experience must include leading third-party resources
- Strong communication skills with ability to develop reports on work activity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)