Job #: 2021-022
Location: El Reno, TX; Levelland, TX; Midland, TX
Type: Regular, Full-Time
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides measurement guidance throughout the Centurion Pipeline System.
- Develop policies and procedures according to API, ASTM, BLM standards for liquids
- Attend and participate in API committee meetings and other measurement training/conferences as required by management.
- Implement and adhere to API and company policy concerning measurement practices for custody transfer concerning tank gauging and liquid field measurement.
- The administrator of the Centurion Measurement manual/ Quick Reference Guide and other measurement standards.
- Interface with the Regional Managers, Regional Supervisors on measurement concerns and provide help to investigate measurement problems. Provide data for measurement concerns
- Work with local measurement team to provide guidance on shortages, identify issues i.e. proving rates and frequencies outside of tolerance
- Review and approve drawings of proposed metering skid design
- Inspect and approve new skids during construction and prior to field installation.
- Assist field operations in commissioning of LACT/ACT/CMU units to ensure compliance with CPL Measurement Policy
- Assure all measurement facilities and associated equipment is operating properly by identifying, reporting, and resolving matters with measurement personnel.
- Review ticketing, provings, sediment and water, inventory, sulfurs, organic chlorides, and RVP for all areas.
- Resolve issues with measurement claims, ticketing, provings, mismeasurement not meeting Centurion's guidelines
- Coordinate and lead measurement assessments in accordance with the Centurion Measurement manual.
- Perform measurement audits on all 3rd parties custody sites
- Coordinate and manage all water draws, sampling certifications for Centurion in accordance with API recommendations.
- Account for gross and net over and short and identify and resolve measurement concerns.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate mainline/gathering systems for measurement issues and assist gain/loss analyst in reconciliation.
- Ensure all crude sampling programs are completed as per Centurion Measurement Manual.
- Perform field checks to ensure standards are being followed and meet Centurion Policies
- Coordinate and provide training for the Field Measurement Team.
- Other duties as required.
- Associate degree preferred (Will give consideration to relevant measurement and supervisory job experience in lieu of an educational requirement.)
- 5 years of progressive responsibility in a crude pipeline measurement setting. Lead or supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of gathering and mainline operations and gain/ loss process.
- Effective use of computers/software
- Strong mathematical skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Respects and effectively interacts with team members and customers.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in pipeline operations and maintenance with a thorough knowledge of operations, hydraulics, oil movements, construction, maintenance of facilities.
- Minimum 5 years commercial oil business experience (over/shorts, inventorying, customer base maintenance, in-line transfers).
- Attention to detail with strong analytical, business, and entrepreneurial skills.
- Good understanding of federal and state codes and regulations for the pipeline industry.