Job #: 2020-038
Location: Midland, TX
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Non-exempt
Essential Job Duties:
- Acts as Technical Steward for region facilities. Insures the adherence of necessary industry best practices. Insures that technical "know-how" is communicated throughout the organization.
- Experience trouble shooting and repairing high voltage power distribution systems.
- Experience trouble shooting and repairing breaker and switchgear equipment.
- Knowledge and general understanding of medium voltage VFD, VSD, and soft starters.
- Power line maintenance and repair is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of coordination with public utilities.
- Acts as a trouble-shooting resource for the operations supervision. Offers high order technical ability, diagnostics, critical thinking, and methodologies for problem solving.
- Review operational design limits of equipment and insure that we are operating within the correct manufacturer and process design conditions
- Thorough "hands-on" knowledge in a wide range of mechanical, electrical, and automation equipment
- Coordinate and implement the repair, inspection, calibration, and testing of mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and automation equipment
- Troubleshoot and Repair mechanical, electrical, and automation equipment
- Independently respond to breakdowns as well as maintain, and operate critical pump stations and facilities
- Perform various predictive, preventative, reliability, troubleshooting processes and maintenance plans
- Review and analyze equipment testing results. Use this data to identify failures, increased risk of failure and to develop plans for extending reliability of equipment
- Oversee and participate in major installations, overhauls, rebuilds, and projects
- Assist the Engineering, Facilities and Commissioning groups with equipment design, reviews, commissioning, and startups.
- Interface with vendors to schedule onsite technical assistance and off-site equipment repair, inspections, and acceptance testing.
- The ability to maintain records, draft technical reports and record data
- Knowledge of pipelines, instrumentation, PLCs, pump controls, control valves, driven equipment, motor controls, and other industrial equipment
- Participate in required Health, Safety, Environmental, and Security initiatives and programs such as Management of Change, Process Hazard Reviews, Planned Inspections and audits
- Respond to call outs for breakdowns and equipment repair requests 24/7
- Occasionally works in extreme heat, extreme cold and diverse local environments
- Other duties and projects assigned as necessary.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to perform work using safe work practices in compliance with regulators such as OSHA, DOT, EPA, NFPA70E, NEC as well as other company policies and standards
- 5+ years of directly related experience or formal education
- Be able to read P&IDs, Mechanical and Electrical drawings
- Experience utilizing and interpreting industry codes and federal/state/local regulations for maintenance, protection, and pipeline facility repair activities
- Field experience or formal education with equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair techniques
- Experience must include coordinating third-party resources
- Strong communication skills with ability to develop reports on work activity
- Intermediate to advanced computing skills and aptitude
- Proficiency with electrical and mechanical tools used for testing, repairing, and maintaining industrial equipment
Valued Additional Qualifications
- CMMS knowledge will be an advantage
- Good comfort level presenting information to all levels of management
- 2+ years technical, vocational, or trade school
- Apprenticeship or internship program completion
- Petroleum measurement
- Pipeline construction
- Programming, SCADA
- AC and DC circuits
- Switchgear and medium voltage
- Technical writing and comprehension