Human Resources Specialist (Workday)
Job #: 2020-026
Location: Houston, TX (Westchase)
Type: Regular, Full-Time, exempt
Centurion Pipeline is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Human Resources Specialist, based in Houston, Texas. This individual will also provide generalist support, as needed, but the primary function is as the go-to Workday HCM Specialist. This role will be responsible for data input/integrity in Workday, user communications, report production and analytics, Workday project leadership, testing of changes and updates as well as coordinating data reviews, training guides, etc. as applicable.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Functions as the primary Workday Core HCM user/specialist for Human Resources by maintaining employee records and ensuring data integrity in Workday HCM.
- Facilitates Workday HCM configuration and integration efforts with other company departments, systems, and Workday add-ons.
- Maintains Workday business processes and coding and configuration protocols, recommends improvements for existing processes to improve user experience and customer service; may take lead on Workday product changes.
- Works closely with Payroll to ensure appropriate Workday coding and application for pay and benefits.
- Successfully completes data corrections, organization moves, position updates, as well as any other Workday related requests, and maintaining HCM dashboards and updates.
- Must be able to produce from Workday and maintain regular employee data reports and company analytics, and create ad-hoc reports, as needed, and apply or transfer data to Excel, or to presentation-quality for use in PowerPoint or Word.
- Manages required Workday updates, enhancements, testing, validation and overall performance of the system; communicates accordingly and with other involved/affected groups, as applicable.
- Develops and maintains practical and easy-to-follow Workday user communications and training guides for employees and HR team members. Will provide training to HR team members and other Core HCM users, as needed.
- Stays current and pro-active on Workday enhancements, upgrades, trainings, etc. via Workday Community and/or other Workday support resources.
- May provide, as needed, generalist Human Resources support to employees in Houston, Midland, and surrounding areas
- Administer policies, programs and projects, in accordance with business needs and requirements
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Systems, or related
- Minimum of 5 years of HR and/or HRIS experience, preferably in the midstream/oil & gas industry
- Applied user experience in Workday Human Capital Management (HCM); advanced Workday training in HCM, reporting, and business process is highly desired
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong inclination to ensure data quality, accuracy, and timeliness, with clear understanding of business processes
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Customer-focused with strong communication skills; comfort in providing training to employees or groups of employees
- Creative and able to find successful business solutions for Workday system users
- Must be able to complete projects and task with minimal supervision
- Must be able and willing to travel to work-site locations outside of Houston, to West Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma approximately on occasion (no more than 15% of the time).
- Must be a team player, but also able to work independently, use good judgment, and shift priorities, as needed
- Prefer experience in US DOT rules and requirements