Equipment Maintenance Reliability Engineer
Job #: 2020-045
Location: Midland, TX
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Non-exempt
Job Description / Information:
Develops and implements asset management strategy (maintenance, replacement, upgrades) for assigned assets. Conducts engineering assessment to determine causes and consequences of equipment failures using reliability tools such as Weibull, FMEA, Reliability Block Diagram and Fault Tree Analysis in risk assessment. Reviews engineering designs and changes to ensure designs are in compliance with safety certifications. Preforms routine reviews/evaluation, identifies opportunities for improvement and provides safety recommendations.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Ensure that Process Safety and Risk Management objectives are practiced daily through participation in Management of Change, Process Hazards Analysis, Lead small HAZOP’s and Pre-startup Review responsibilities.
- Establish, develop, and implement the Equipment Maintenance program in accordance with company guidelines, codes, and governmental regulations.
- Ensure program guidelines are current, and instill correct practices across all Centurion Operations sites, and comply with the latest guidelines by manufacturers, or industry standards.
- Maintain appropriate Engineering drawings, files, and specifications as required.
- Review facility rotating equipment activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, and operation conform to all specifications, codes, standards and procedures.
- Assist Technical Services and Engineering to review capital project scopes and vendor proposals for new equipment purchases.
- Develop preventive maintenance, spare parts and critical assessment of equipment.
- Conduct failure mode analyses to identify units posing excessive failure risks and support proposed changes in design.
- Assist in the training / coaching of employees in repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain knowledge of current practices within the industry related to rotating equipment design, maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation to assist in ensuring success of the maintenance program.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and communicate mean-time-between-failures program for all critical rotating equipment within Centurion Pipeline.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent degree with 5 to 10 years of experience in plant maintenance or project engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and other applicable codes relating to mechanical systems and rotating equipment.
- Actual experience in design/maintenance of miscellaneous rotating equipment and associated failure analysis is preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Good working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing experience.