Job #: 2021-004
Location: Levelland, TX - North Region
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Non-exempt
Essential Job Duties:
- Run cathodic protection field surveys; including the soil resistivity survey, potential survey, insulation effectiveness survey, coating / wrapping integrity, holiday detection surveys.
- Perform coatings & linings integrity surveys and inspection, both visually and by standard instruments.
- Responsible for chemical treatment maintenance including field surveys and coordinating chemical field trials for products such as demulsifies, biocides, corrosion inhibitors.
- Corrosion monitoring including installation of the access fittings and the monitoring elements. Monitoring elements retrieval, insertion and maintenance. The monitor types include the weight loss coupons, electrical resistance probes, linear polarization probes.
- Conduct periodic NDT surveys by Ultrasonic on the equipment and vessels.
- Must have and be able to communicate a thorough knowledge of federal, state and local regulatory requirements in the Corrosion and Cathodic protection area.
- Prepare and maintain departmental data regarding corrosion research for HES and Operations staff using hard copy as well as computer-based data systems. Process corrosion documents into company records system.
- Other duties assigned as required.
- High School grad or G.E.D. and must have valid drivers license with a good driving record.
- 5-10 years pipeline/oilfield related experience.
- A demonstrated proactive attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to travel overnight possibly up to 25%.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements and the federal, state and local levels in corrosion areas.
- Ability to implement company programs in harmony with regulatory requirements to yield a safe, healthy and environmentally benign work place for company employees and contractors.
- Ability to work with employees, contractors and the public to continually reduce safety and environmental incidents.
- Preferably NACE certified.