Construction & Maintenance Tech
Job #: 2020-013
Location: Snyder, Texas or Levelland, Texas – North Region
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Non-exempt
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee small company/contractor crews performing field and station maintenance activities.
- Ensure all job permits are completed and reviewed with crew to ensure safe work site.
- Oversee/perform worksite excavations, general pipeline maintenance activities, flange bolt ups.
- Provide assistance to Construction Supervisor / Construction Lead in coordinating maintenance activities for pipeline facilities repair, installation, and modifications.
- Provide supporting documentation for all services and materials for Construction Lead to properly track and document projects.
- Gather relevant field information to assist in project estimating.
- Maintaining the highest standards for HES performance
- Oversee/perform hydrotesting per company specifications and ability to provide documentation package to DRI/Asset Integrity.
- Responsible for safe operation and handling of welding machines and transportation equipment in the course of pipeline construction and maintenance.
- Must be able to meet API 1104 and Centurion Welding Manual specifications while performing SMAW.
- Read and understand station flow diagrams and fabricate from those drawings to assist in the design of various pipeline piping needs.
- Must demonstrate ability to cut, bevel, fit-up, weld pipe and fittings to code requirements.
- Create “as-built” isometric drawings for all field repairs.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- High School diploma or G.E.D., Vocational Training desirable
- Valid driver’s license
- 3-5 years experience performing pipeline maintenance and construction activities
- Practical experience of pipeline systems and surface equipment, including tanks, valves, positive displacement and centrifugal pumps, electric motors, gas engines, and other pertinent equipment
- Practical experience with ditch excavation, pipeline welding, coating, and pipeline repair
- Practical understanding of pipeline transportation system operations
- Knowledge of API, ASME, OSHA, and DOT codes and standards with an ability to apply that knowledge to pipeline projects
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite, Maximo, Xmaps)
- Ability to obtain Operator Qualification per D.O.T. CFR 195 for all monitored or performed work duties
- Ability to work effectively with other teams/departments