Construction & Maintenance Tech
Job #: 2021-050
Location: Levelland, TX - Snyder, TX
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Essential Job Duties:
- Must be able to meet API 1104 and Centurion Welding Manual specifications while performing SMAW.
- Read and understand station flow diagrams and fabricate from those drawings to assist in the design of various pipeline piping needs.
- Must demonstrate ability to cut, bevel, fit-up, weld pipe and fittings to code requirements.
- Create "as-built" isometric drawings for all field repairs.
- Responsible for safe operation and handling of welding machines and transportation equipment during pipeline construction and maintenance.
- Oversee small company/contractor crews performing field and station maintenance activities.
- Ensure all job permits are completed and reviewed with crew to ensure safe work site.
- Oversee/perform worksite excavations, general pipeline maintenance activities, flange bolt ups.
- Aid Construction Supervisor/Construction Lead in coordinating maintenance activities for pipeline facilities repair, installation, and modifications.
- Provide supporting documentation for all services and materials for DRI department to properly track and document projects.
- Gather relevant field information to assist in project estimating.
- Maintaining the highest standards for HES performance
- Oversee/perform hydrotesting per company specifications and ability to provide documentation package to DRI/Asset Integrity.
- Other duties and projects are assigned as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience pipeline welding experience or vocational training equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Will be required to qualify/test contract welders and oversee third-party QA/QC
- Ability to obtain a class "A" CDL with a safe driving record.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D; vocational training desirable.
- Position requires manual dexterity and visual acuity. Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more and work outside in all weather conditions and extended hours.
- Demonstrated capability of complying with all applicable company, federal, sate and local regulations. (e.g. Operator Qualification, DOT).
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, enter and exit sloped ditches, conduct "tailgate" safety meeting and prepare company "hot" work permits.
- Will be required to use LEL monitors and "Safe" work practices during pipeline maintenance and repair.
- May serve as crew leader and direct work of maintenance teams.