Job #: 2021-014
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead a small team of 2-3 employees in ensuring that policies, procedures, and processes within the organization comply with applicable PHMSA and State pipeline safety regulations.
- Responsible for the organization's ongoing relationship with regulatory commissions and authorities.
- Develops programs and processes to manage audit findings and leads process improvements to avoid future findings.
- Prepares analyses to support regulatory filings and approves filings for submission.
- Coordinates and leads the development and implementation of compliance programs for Federal Department of Transportation (DOT- PHMSA) and State regulations (such as Operator Qualifications Plan, Drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan, Public Awareness &Damage Prevention Plans, Operations & Maintenance Plan, Integrity Management Plan, Oil Spill Response and Emergency Response Plans).
- Edits, maintains and issues compliance manuals, procedures and forms for the above compliance programs.
- Conducts mandatory annual reviews of manuals and plans and edits as necessary.
- Ensures compliance with regulations; interprets and communicates existing and proposed regulations and requirements to other affected groups within the company.
- Coordinates and facilitates preparation for Federal and State regulatory compliance audits and is a point of contact for inquiries, issues and audits related to regulations.
- Leads the company response for reporting oil releases to regulatory agencies, including follow up with agency investigators and coordination of input from company personnel.
- Monitors the development of new Federal and State regulations and leads development and implementation of updated procedures and programs for compliance with new pipeline safety regulations.
- Leads training and development of the Operations group, which requires travel to field locations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in PHMSA pipeline Compliance or related function.
- Solid leadership and communication skills; willing and able to make difficult decisions, communicate effectively with direct reports, team members, and senior management.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Accountable and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to promptly respond to requests for regulatory interpretations, data, data analysis, tools, and presentations as necessary.
- Detail-oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of written communications.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationship with team members and all levels of management.
- Strong computer skills to include MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to travel to field locations.
- Must be able to work in field pipeline locations while wearing PPE and carrying tools and equipment.