Assistant General Counsel
Job #: 2021-006
Location: Houston, TX - Westchase
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
The Assistant General Counsel will be the primary lawyer at the Company's headquarters in Houston, Texas, and will report to the General Counsel. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, but collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-performing environment, providing legal advice and guidance on a wide range of commercial and business matters relating to the energy industry. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who not only wants to be the go-to legal advisor but also wants to be a highly valued member of the Company's business teams.
Essential Job Duties:
- Providing practical legal advice and guidance to business teams on a wide array of business and contractual issues arising in all aspects of the midstream energy business, including business development, operations, engineering, ROW, pipeline scheduling, and HES.
- Independently reviewing, drafting, and negotiating all types of energy-related commercial contracts including transportation service agreements, storage agreements, acreage dedication agreements, blending agreements, licensing agreements, ROW agreements, and other commercial contracts.
- Transactional and project management expertise to support the Company's growth plans.
- Partnering with Supply Chain for the management and review of the Company's vendor and supply agreements.
- Managing outside legal counsel, particularly in the litigation, regulatory, and employment areas.
- Conducting training sessions for business teams on Company policies, compliance areas, and best practices and procedures and other topics as necessary.
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant transactional experience at a top tier law firm
- In-house experience at an energy company (highly preferred)
- Knowledge of FERC regulations and tariffs applicable to crude oil pipelines
- Licensed and in good standing to practice law in Texas
- Generalist/broad practice experience in the energy and oil and gas industry
- Self-motivated and highly proficient in multi-tasking, prioritizing a high volume of diverse legal matters, and handling unplanned work.
Centurion offers a competitive financial compensation package of salary, bonus, and long-term incentives (commensurate with the candidate's level of experience) and a competitive benefits package.